T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships for Family Support Professionals
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Iowa, along with the Iowa Department of Public Health is pleased to provide scholarships for family support workers. T.E.A.C.H. will provide comprehensive scholarships to family support professionals who are willing to obtain college credits toward a higher education degree, relevant to their work in family support. Click here for a scholarship application.
• Be employed at least 30 hours/week with a minimum of 20 hours/week in a direct family support or supervisory role for at least 90 days.
• Be employed at an Iowa-Based family support program that is receiving state or federal funds. Eligible programs include home visiting and group-based parent education programs.
• Plan to obtain college credits towards an approved degree at an Iowa-Based college. Must have completed at least 60 college credits or obtain a waiver from T.E.A.C.H. to start at a four year institution.
• Must complete at least 9 and up to 24 credits per contract year.
• Must apply for federal financial aid using FAFSA.
• Must obtain and follow an approved course outline from college.
• Must be employed.
• The scholarship employee pays 10% of tuition and book costs.
• The employer will pay 20% of tuition and book costs for courses at an Iowa college for the scholarship employee.
• Upon successful completion of the contract and a minimum of 9 credit hours, T.E.A.C.H. will provide the scholarship employee with an $800 compensation bonus for an associate contract and $1,000 compensation bonus for bachelor's and master's degree contracts.
• Upon successful completion of the contract and a minimum of 9 credit hours, T.E.A.C.H. will provide the employing program with a participation stipend of $500 for staff attending a community college and $1000 for staff attending a 4 year school. Program stipend if funded by MIECHV and provided only to those eligible for the Family Support Model.
• Scholarship supports Home Visitor CDA, associate degree or bachelor's degree in Family Support relevant field, or MSW options through University of Iowa, University of Northern Iowa, and Iowa State University.
Interested in Learning More?
Contact a T.E.A.C.H. Counselor at 515-331-8000 or 800-469-2392 ext 112 or email@example.com. View our marketing flyer for common questions and answers.
Ready to Apply?
Complete the application and submit to T.E.A.C.H. via fax 515-331-8995, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail 6200 Aurora Ave, Suite 605E, Urbandale, IA 50322.