T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® IOWA
T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) is a comprehensive scholarship prog
ram that provides the early childhood workforce access to educational
opportunities and is helping establish a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce for our children.
What does T.E.A.C.H. Pay For?
T.E.A.C.H. supports CDA assessments, CDA renewals, and early childhood associate degrees, bachelors degrees, endorsements to teaching licenses, and teacher licensure renewal.
||T.E.A.C.H. offers financial support to pay for college courses, books, travel, and time away from work.
||T.E.A.C.H. helps participants to earn a required number of college credit hours in early childhood education.
||T.E.A.C.H. participants earn a raise or bonus after successful completion of a year of education.
||T.E.A.C.H. participants agree to continue service as a child care professional in their current early care and education setting.
||T.E.A.C.H. Counselors offer support to navigate the college process and scholarship paperwork.
Who is Eligible?
Early child care and education providers who:
- Work in a regulated preschool, child care center, or home program for at least 30 hours per week (or all the hours your preschool offers programming with a 20 hour minimum)
- Have worked with children birth to age 5 in your current program for at least 3 months (6 months for bachelor scholarships)
- Are working toward an early childhood degree, CDA credential (or renewal), endorsement, or teacher licensure renewal at an Iowa college (or would like to be)
- Have the support of your employer (if applicable).
- Demonstrate participation or progress towards a quality initiative such as QRS, QPPS, Head Start, or NAEYC/NAFCC accreditation.
Ready to apply? Click here.
Interested in Learning More?
What's New for YOU
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® IOWA is a licensed program of Child Care Services Association.