Iowa Association for the Education of Young Children
Iowa AEYC Vision
All young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.
Iowa AEYC Mission
Iowa AEYC promotes high-quality early learning for all children, birth through age 8, by connecting practice, policy, and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
Iowa AEYC Core Values
The Iowa AEYC values:
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague).
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues.
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
Iowa AEYC Core Beliefs
The Iowa AEYC holds true that:
- Excellence and Innovation -- We are imaginative risk takers willing to challenge assumptions while being accountable to our mission and fiscally responsible.
- Transparency -- We act with openness and clarity.
- Reflection -- We consider multiple sources of evidence and diverse perspectives to review past performance, note progress and successes, and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Equity and Opportunity -- We advocate for policies, practices, and systems that promote full and inclusive participation. we confront biases that create barriers and limit the potential of children, families, and early childhood professionals.
- Collaborative Relationships -- We share leadership and responsibility in our work with others. We commit time and effort to ensure diverse participation and more effective outcomes. We act with integrity, respect, and trust.